Performing Transactions in eBound Books
Once your eBound Book has been created and your account has had access granted to it, the Transactions heading will be available in the Orchid eBound Book menu. The Transactions will allow you to perform day-to-day operations within your eBound Books. The Transactions available are as follows:
- Serialize This transaction should be used by an FFL who has serialized a firearm to record the first Acquisition of that firearm
- Receive This transaction should be used by an FFL who has received firearms to record the Acquisition of those firearms, whether those firearms were received from another FFL or from a non-licensed individual
- FFL Transfer This transaction should be used by an FFL to record the Disposition of firearms when transferred to another FFL
- Exempt Transfer This transaction should be used by an FFL to record the Disposition of firearms in FFL-exempt and non-4473 scenarios. This would include, but is not limited to; repair/replacement returns, Dispositions to Law Enforcement, Military, Government Agencies, and firearm exports
- Paper 4473 Transfer This transaction should be used by an FFL to record the Disposition of firearms to a non-licensee when a Form 4473 is required and e4473 is not used
- Loan Out/Loan Return These transactions should be used by an FFL to record the loan of firearms to employees for purposes of Temporary Assignment in compliance with ATF Ruling 2010-1. The Loan Out transaction will record a Loan in the Loan Status Report and will not record a Disposition in the A&D Book
- Assemble/Disassemble The Assemble transaction should be used by an FFL to record the assembly of firearms; whether from frame/receiver to finished good, or from one finished good to another (e.g., rifle to short-barreled rifle). This transaction will record a Disposition to the FFL of the Serial Number as it existed before assembly, and automatically record an Acquisition in compliance with ATF Ruling 2016-3. The Disassemble transaction performs the same transaction in reverse
- Upload Transactions This transaction allows the User to upload the above transactions in bulk, saving time on large serialization/receiving/transferring operations
- e4473 These transactions are used to start the e4473 for the purchaser, as well as continue the e4473 once the customers' portion has been completed
- Completed Forms Shows the list of completed forms selected. This allows for viewing and downloading 4473, 3310.4 and 3310.12 forms as necessary for tracing and recordkeeping
Click the name of the transaction for detailed instructions on performing each transaction. For Special Transactions, click here.
Performing Special Transactions
The instructions below will guide users on how to perform more uncommon transactions within the eBound book Corrections This transaction should be used by an FFL to correct Serial Number records in compliance with ATF Ruling 2016-1. Under the heading ...
Orchid eBound - Technical Support
API Documentation Creating and Managing eBound Books Creating Data Back ups Generating Reports Managing Master Data Managing Users Performing Special Transactions Performing Transactions in eBound Books Searching your A&D Book Software Updates The ...
Creating and Managing eBound Books
Creating your eBound Books Note: Only Company Admin users may add, remove, and edit FFLs and eBound Books in the Manage FFLs transaction. Log in to the Orchid Software Portal using the credentials for your Company Admin account Select Orchid eBound, ...
Orchid eBound Quick Start Guide
Welcome to Orchid eBound! The steps contained within this guide will get you started in your new eBound Books. More details for each step can be found in their respective articles. Step 1 - Create Your eBound Book(s) Note: Only Company Admin users ...
eBound Book API Documentation
API Post Requirements Must be a POST JSON format In the Request Header Pass the authentication token X-Api-Auth-Token: Individually Generated by Bound Book. NOTE: API tokens are generated by Orchid Advisors and will be done so per client request. Set ...