Gift certificate balance is tracked by serial number, rather than by customer.
This allows you to sell a gift certificate to someone other than the intended recipient.
The owner of the gift certificate may redeem the balance by presenting the card's serial number.
- Starting at the main point-of-sale screen, bring up the purchasing customer.
- Gift cards can also be sold using Guest Sale.
- Enter your gift certificate Part Number to add it to the invoice.
- When prompted by the popup, enter the Serial Number of the certificate you are selling.
- Tip: Make sure popups aren't blocked.
- If it is an e-certificate, enter the recipient's email and message. Choose to deliver immediately or on a future date.
- If necessary, adjust the card's value.
- Click the Unit Price field and adjust the amount as desired.
- Proceed to payment to create and finalize the invoice.
- If you want to give away the gift certificate (instead of selling):
- Sell the certificate to a customer account belonging to the store.
- Use Expense Account as the payment method.
Once the invoice is finalized, the balance of the gift card can be tracked by its serial number