Before you can sell a Gift Certificate or Gift Card, you must first create define your Gift Certificate/Card as an Inventory Item in your POS system. For more information on how to Sell a Gift Certificate/Card once it has been created, please visit this Article.
Gift certificates are created and managed in the
Like other inventory items, gift certificates will have a Part Number or Barcode that is used to sell the item in the point-of-sale.
The certificate's value can be specified at time of creation, or at the time of sale.
- Navigate to the Gift Certificates page.
- Click NEW GIFT CERTIFICATE
- Enter gift certificate details.
- Part number and Barcode: Used to sell the gift card.
- Certificate value: The default value when sold.
- Gift Certificate Type: (Gift Card or Paper, or Email).
- Expiration date (if applicable)
- Choose how serial numbers should be enforced.
- Control Enforced: Pre-enter available serial numbers.
- Solicit: Enter serial numbers as each card is sold.
- Auto-Generate: This is selected by default for email type certificates.
- Click CREATE to save your changes.