Create a Travel or Charter Reservation - Book a Customer on a Trip
1. To create a new travel reservation, you will begin by bringing up the customer who is paying the initial deposit in Point of Sale.
- In the case of multiple travelers paying on a single reservation, each person will be listed on the reservation and manifest individually, but are all booked from one screen; these additional travelers will be detailed further in the reservation process.
2. Select the Travel icon below the customer profile.
3. All current and upcoming trips will be listed in the travel quick keys; click the quick key to select the desired trip and continue with the reservation.
- You can use the POS Buttons to filter further if necessary, or use the Calendar icon to search by date.
4. You will see the invoice area of the POS screen change to show base option details about the trip. Each traveler reserves a single base option. Select the appropriate quantity for each option (one option per traveler), then click NEXT.
5. The booking screen will appear where you will
- Name and select each traveler.
- Select any add-on options.
- Make any total trip price adjustments.
- Enter the initial deposit amount.
6. For additional travelers, begin typing their first or last name into the provided search fields, and wait for drop down results. Select their name.
- NOTE: These are SEARCH fields and not simple data entry fields. The booking process expects each traveler to have their own account in Orchid POS. If they do not yet have an account, you can click the ADD icon to the right of the traveler's line.
7. Select any desired Add-On Options for each traveler.
8. Make any required pricing changes to any traveler's unit price.
9. If they are paying more than the minimum deposit amount for each traveler, make the adjustment to the Deposit field at the top of the booking screen.
- The Travel System assumes that larger trips will be paid off over time and will track open balances for you. This deposit field should show only what they are paying at the time of booking.
10. Click Book Excursions to finalize the reservation. This will also take you back to Point of Sale, where you can add additional items to their invoice or proceed to payment.
Trips (Travel and Charter) in Orchid POS
View a Trip Manifest Selling a Trip Cancel a Travel Reservation Remove a Customer From a Travel Reservation Add a Customer to an Existing Travel Reservation Edit a Travel Reservation's Base or Add-on Options Make a Payment Toward a Travel Reservation ...
Create a New Trip
Go to Trips > Travel > Manage Travel. Click “Create New.” Fill in Part Number, Barcode, and Description fields. Both Part Number and Barcode are up to you! They just need to be unique from all other trips, products, etc. in your system. Description ...
Remove a Customer From a Travel Reservation
If a travel reservation has more than one traveler on it, you can remove any additional traveler. If the customer who booked the trip (main account) is no longer joining you, you will need to cancel the reservation and re-book the others. Related: ...
Add a Customer to an Existing Travel Reservation
To add another travel to an open trip reservation: Related: See Book a Customer on a Trip for steps on starting a new reservation. 1. Bring up the customer in Point of Sale. 2. Unless you have All in One Popups turned off, you will see the open ...
Make a Payment Toward a Travel Reservation
When a customer books a trip with you, they often make payments over time. Related: See Book a Customer on a Trip for steps on starting a new reservation. 1. Bring up the customer in Point of Sale. 2. Unless you have All in One Popups turned off, you ...